Here are two basic stuffing recipes for your homemade gluten-free ravioli xxx. You can make it up to two days before filling the pasta dough.
Ingredients + How to make a traditional, meat-based ravioli stuffing:
– 60 g of a cooked carrot
– 60 g ground beef, cooked
– pinch of all natural sea salt
– 1/2 tsp tomato paste, containing nothing but “safe” ingredients: tomato and salt
Mix all ingredients well using an immersion blender until you get a smooth paste.
Ingredients + How to make the vegan stuffing:
– 100 g garbanzo peas (chick peas), cooked and well-drained; I get mine from a can, provided it contains no additives or preservatives
– 1 TBSP tomato paste, as above, all natural
– 1 TBSP olive oil
– 5 basil leaves
– all natural sea salt, quantity to be adjusted according to taste. It will also vary depending on the amount of salt already present in the peas.
Blend everything together using an immersion blender. (Hope you have one, I really couldn’t do without mine!) This vegan stuffing is much simpler –no cooking involved– and faster to make than the traditional one, which is why it is my personal favorite; but if like my Significant Other you want to have animal protein with your ravioli, you can still make it aa it then simply add meat to your tomato sauce. Note: the sauce I used here is a simple tomato sauce cooked with some olive oil, with basil leaves thrown into the pot at the end, and finally blended with avocado meat ^^ (recipe in French here)