Pesto pronto rosso
This condiment will take you NO TIME to make and will add a little zaz to a dish of gluten-free pasta or zucchini strips. You can also use it to flavor steamed fish, chicken breast, whatever!
Ingredients: (for 4-5 pasta servings)
– 50 g sun dried tomatoes (make sure the only ingredients are tomatoes and natural sea salt)
– 6 TBSP olive oil
– 2 TBSP tomato paste (again, the only ingredients should be: tomatoes and natural sea salt)
– 2 TBSP almond meal, provided you can be sure it is sulfite-free, OR TIGER NUT FLOUR. I have only recently discovered this organic flour; it is absolutely fabulous, serves as a great substitute for almond meal and guarantees the absence of sulfites.
1. Soak the dried tomatoes in warm water for some twenty minutes.
2. Drain and blend along with the rest of the ingredients. (I personally find an immersion blender works best here). Done, pronto! And so tasty!
Note: this pesto keeps very well for a couple of weeks, refridgerated in a tightly sealed jar.